The Tourism Directorate of the ECO Secretariat had a meeting with Mr. Mohsen Esmaeily, Executive Director of ECO Cultural Institute (ECI) on 22 August, 2022 at ECI Headquarters in Tehran. The ways and means to develop and expand the cooperation between ECO and ECI, as well as information sharing on tourism and culture were discussed during the meeting.
The ways and means to develop and expand the cooperation between ECO and ECI, as well as information sharing on tourism and culture were discussed during the meeting.
The sides agreed to avail and exploit every opportunity for enhancing collaboration, inter alia, in the field of tourism and culture. It was agreed to carry out joint projects and events for advancement and promotion of regional tourism potential and cultural heritage. After detailed deliberations and exchange of views, the participants agreed to further cooperate on the below areas:
- Publication of the 2nd edition of ECO Tourism Guide Book;
- Sharing the databank of ECI to facilitate the launch ECO Tourism Website and enhancement of its content;
- Considering that Sari, the capital city of the Mazandaran Province of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was declared by ECO as its Tourism Capital for 2022 has cultural and tourism potential, holding joint events in 2022, in consultation with Iran's Ministry of Tourism and Sari officials;
- Joint preparation of the Calendar of Events;
- Establishment of standardization mechanism for tourism in the ECO region;
- Continuous exchange of information and advancement of bilateral ties through joint events and etc.