Discovered in December 2019, the COVID-19 spread across the globe like a wildfire. Declared as the most contagious disease, the regional and global application of post-pandemic health protocols and advisories, as well as the subsequent measures undertaken to contain and limit further communication of the virus, including travel restrictions, lockdowns, social distancing, closure of national borders, etc. appeared to ice up almost every field of human activities.
Though the recovery process continues, the years 2020 and 2021 witnessed peak of the pandemic and exhaustive economic contraction throughout the world. As one of the first regions to be affected by the outbreak, the ECO stood prepared for the prospects of an economic slowdown bearing in mind the domestic containment measures and global disruption to trade, tourism and production.
Several immediate steps were taken by the Organization to address the pandemic-related issues and normalize socioeconomic activities in the region, including the release of a concise preliminary assessment about the possible impact of pandemic on regional economies, as well as the issuance of ECO Practical Guidelines on Cross Border Facilitation Measures under conditions of COVID-19 to facilitate an unhindered passage of essential goods across the ECO border points. Such actions were primarily aimed at ensuring coordination amongst the ECO Member States and providing urgent guidelines for intraregional facilitation during the time of crisis.
- Impact of Covid 19 on global trade and Investment
- Informative Report Managing Impacts of COVID-19 on Supply Chains and Facilitating Passage of Medicine and Food supplies in ECO Region
- ECO Practical Guidelines on Cross Border Facilitation Measures under conditions of COVID-19
- COVID 19 in the ECO Region: Impact, Status of Health Care and ICT Infrastructure, and Response by the Member States
- Preparedness and Response for the Control of COVID-19 in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Brief summary on measures taken by the Republic of Kazakhstan at state border crossing points
- Uzbekistan-s economic policy response to COVID-19 pandemic
- RMTO Comments on IRU Proposed Solution on ROAD TRANSPORT INDUSTRY CALL FOR ACTION ‘DRIVING THE RECOVERY’
- Measures Taken by Turkey Concerning International Freight Transport
- Actual issues of increasing socio-economic stability in pandemic conditions (Uzbekistan)
- The concept of reducing poverty in Uzbekistan
- Geology of Uzbekistan after Covid-19: measures and perspectives
- Uzbekistan: Post-COVID Economic Recovery Strategy
- Uzbekistan efforts for adaptation of the economy to a global economic crisis.
- The impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the business enterprises in Uzbekistan
- Government and business- joint efforts to support the vulnerable groups of the population during the Covid-19 pandemic in Uzbekistan
- Supporting for vulnerable groups during the Covid-19: The People-s Movement for ‘Generosity and Support’ in Uzbekistan
- Information in COVID-19 Related Activities of TUBITAK