ECO Directorate for Energy, Minerals and Environment (EME) is tasked as responsible Secretariat’s body for initiation, implementation and monitoring of the ECO activities in energy, environment and mining. This is the also responsible to pursue the expected outcomes envisaged under priority 3 (Energy) as well as relevant expected outcomes under priority area 5 (Economic Growth and Productivity) and 6 (Social Welfare and Environment) of ECO Vision 2025.
- To intensify mobilization and utilization of the ECO region-s natural resources, in particular energy resources;
- To facilitate cooperation in the fields of ecology and environmental protection within the region;
- Introduction of new mechanisms/frameworks for enhancement of energy cooperation.
- Establishment of ECO regional electricity market.
- Enhancement of ECO cooperation in the field of renewable energy, promotion of renewable energy policies and measures.
- Promoting B2B energy cooperation via wider involvement of private sector in relevant ECO activities.
- Raising awareness on environmental impact assessment through facilitation of policy dialogue between relevant stakeholders.
- Enhancing regional options for tackling climate change mitigation and adaptation issues;
- Working closely with relevant international actors to find better solutions for shared energy and environmental concerns.
- Enhancing production and other capacities and skills in mining sector of the Member States.
Mr. Husnu TEKIN, PhD (Turkish national)
Acting Director for Energy, Minerals, and Environment
Tel: + 98 (21)2283 1733-34 ext.: 213
Mr. Morteza Khansari Bozorgi (Iranian national)
Tel: (+9821)2283 1733-34 ext.: 223
Mr. Muhammad Irfan (Pakistani national)
Tel: (+9821)2283 1733-34 ext.: 126